Welcome To TheModGod
WE HAVE MOVED TO xboxmods555.net
COME JOIN US THERE!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome To TheModGod
WE HAVE MOVED TO xboxmods555.net
COME JOIN US THERE!
Welcome To TheModGod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome To TheModGod

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to check if your Console is JTAG-able

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thoughts

Thoughts
TMG STARTER
TMG STARTER

"How do I know if my 360 is JTAG-able?". Well here is the guide to find out. This will not require anything other than you reading a few numbers in your dashboard and possibly your Manufacture Date from the sticker on the back of the console.

The Diagram only shows the generation. This is how to figure out which one of the two it is.
Xenon - NON-HDMI
Zephyr - HDMI
Falcon - HDMI
Opus - NON-HDMI
Jasper - HDMI

Finding the Kernel Version:
In the dashboard go to System Settings then go to Console Settings then scroll down to System Info. Your kernel version is shown here. In this picture the 360 has the 8955 kernel applied. This console is not vulnerable.

Kernel Vulnerability:

8498 and Higher - Any console with a kernel 8498 and higher have been patched to stop the hack.

7371 and lower - Any console with the 7371 kernel or a lower version of the kernel are most likely vulnerable to the hack.(Explained Below)

Kernels 7357/7363/7371
These 3 Kernels are what you may call the "iffy" kernels. Some contain a patched CB which makes the console un-exploitable.

How do I know if my console has the patched CB?

1. If the console manufacture date is BEFORE 6-1-2009 then the CB in the 360 will not be patched and you can perform the JTAG hack on it.

2. If the console manufacture date is AFTER 6-1-2009 then it is going to have the patched CB and will not be able to get JTAG'd.

CB Versions
Now this check really isn't needed. But if you get a console past 6-1-2009 and it has one of the iffy kernels then you could always dump the nand and check the CB version on it. Maybe you would be super lucky and got a exploitable box past the date. Chances are 99.99% you will get a patched box. But if you want to entertain yourself then here are the CB version's.

Open your NAND image in either Degraded or 360 Flash Tool and check the CB version. Here is a picture of Degraded. Any CB version past the one shown in the "Non-Exploitable" Section will not be exploitable. Only the ones in the Exploitable CB versions are JTAG-able.

Exploitable CB versions:
1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921: exploitable xenon
4558: exploitable Zephyr
5761, 5766, 5770: exploitable falcon
6712, 6723: exploitable jasper

Non-Exploitable CB Versions (CD = 8453 for all of them)
Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940
Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579
Falcon/Opus: 5771
Jasper: 6750

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum